My German Blue Rams Go Hiding And Won't Come Out

myhobby

Reaction score
What is wrong with them? Temperature 27 degree Celsius. Well planted aquarium. Lots of hiding places.

Hiya

When did you buy the rams?

I have blue rams and golden rams and when I first bought them they hid, but after a few days they started venturing out.

What size tank is it, how many do you have and what other fish are with them.

I have only had my rams a couple of days but they do spend a lot of time cruising around the whole of the tank. Sometimes they spend a long time in amongst the plants and other times they spend a long time out the front. I did try and get two females/one male but think I ended up with 2 males/1 female. The strange thing is all three seem to spend a lot of time together (I'm sure this will change and I'm ready to move one If I need to).

Hiya

I have blue rams and golden rams and when I first bought them they hid, but after a few days they started venturing out.

Hello.

I bought them 3 days ago. I put my tank by the window and so the tank is very bright. Could this be a problem?

Do you near a dark surrounding for Rams?

Thanks in advance.

What size tank is it, how many do you have and what other fish are with them.

I have only had my rams a couple of days but they do spend a lot of time cruising around the whole of the tank. Sometimes they spend a long time in amongst the plants and other times they spend a long time out the front. I did try and get two females/one male but think I ended up with 2 males/1 female. The strange thing is all three seem to spend a lot of time together (I'm sure this will change and I'm ready to move one If I need to).

You are lucky. My blue rams won't come out. They might starve to death. I have a 20 gallons. I have 6 cardinal tetras and 2 blue rams.

By the way, how do you attach an image to the reply, I click the "insert image" button, it asks me for a http: link. Can I just upload the image?

Hiya

It is not an issue with my tank. Something is wrong with my blue rams. It seems that something traumatic happened to them in the past and that is why they are so scared to come out.

I returned them to the fish store and got a new pair of butterfly rams, after 10 minutes they started swimming all over my tank. It is a wonderful scene.

Most reactions

Back