My fish is acting strange

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Mikaila31

Always Watching
Reaction score
My striped raphel has been acting strange for the last few weeks. He is about 6 inches long and lives under a log, but he has been turning over on his back alot the last few weeks. I think somethings wrong with him but I'm not sure can someone tell me why he's doing that.javascript:emoticon(':/')
smilie

He's in a 55 gallon tank with 3 mollies, 1 rainbow fish, 2 platies, 1 swordtail, 3 long finned dainos, 1 upside down catfish, a corycat, and a alge eater.

Sorry don't no anything on these fish but will try to help, does he look bloated, or sunken in, any red inflamed gills, does he look uncomfortable as though something is irratating him, any signs of twitching, what does it look like when he goes o the toilet, any sign of laboured breathing.

He looks like he might be irritated, he's a nocturnal but will sometimes swim around in the middle of the day. he will go all the way up the the surface of the water and kinda hang on the fake plants. He did get sick about a month ago, he started breathing really hard and fast and refused to eat for almost a week(got really skinny). I treated him with Maroxy and after a couple days he seemed all better. Since then he has been eatting all the food I've given him, but I think something still might be wrong with him.

Sounds like a parasite, any red inflamed gills, or pale, going skinny could of been because he wasn't eating, shine a torch on him to see if you can see a gold dusting to him.

Most reactions

Back