My First Tank

Quietflight

Reaction score
Hey I thought I would share some pics of my first ever tank. I have a 57l with 2 mollies, 2 guppies, and 2 corys. Images only taken with m iphone so not the best! I welcome any suggestions!

http://imageshack.us/g/155/img0370o.jpg/

David.

Hi!

Tank looks nice!

I will say though that Corys really should only be kept in tanks with sand substrate or VERY find gravel. Normal gravel can damage their barbels as they are rooting and digging around in the substrate. They are also schooling fish and it is recommended to keep them in groups of 6 or more. I would hesitate to guess but if you were to add more corys your tank may be slightly overstocked.

Seb

Hi!

Tank looks nice!

I will say though that Corys really should only be kept in tanks with sand substrate or VERY find gravel. Normal gravel can damage their barbels as they are rooting and digging around in the substrate. They are also schooling fish and it is recommended to keep them in groups of 6 or more. I would hesitate to guess but if you were to add more corys your tank may be slightly overstocked.

Seb

Agh :( yet another LFS giving me different info, they said 2 was fine with my current set up :(

That gravel looks very rounded and smooth, so I think less likely to cause barbel damage. But yes, more than 2 is better.

Most reactions

Back