My First Sturgeon

Joinerlavin

Fishaholic
Reaction score
This was my first sturgeon and only one which I caught on a pellet using a fishing pole at a local pond.

My face looks silly on it thoe :p

Attachments

• MArksFish3.JPG
    MArksFish3.JPG
    38.6 KB · Views: 67
geez! you lucky git, did you weigh it?

the biggest ive had is a 34lb mirror carp, using a carp rod, pellets (ground bait) and chunks of chicken

yea it was 12lb, the biggest carp I have had was only 19 so not quite as big as your 34lb lol

Nice fish mate next time though use luncheon meat the sturgeon in a lake near me go absolutely mental for it plus it seems to sort the bigger fish from the tiddlers :hyper: lol

I sometimes buy the flavoured luncheon meat from the fish shops, Hallibutt flavour works great.

Moist fish mate, Sturgeon put up more of a fight then Carp imo. Btw what Lake is that? looks like a lake near me called "Maggots Lake" :p

haha yea ano, I am in the middle of deciding whether to go to White acres fishery holiday park in the summer for some fishing or to go to dream lakes in france in the summer.

the france on is expensive thoe.

That's absolutely gorgeous! I dream of catching one! What sorta fight do they put up?

That's absolutely gorgeous! I dream of catching one! What sorta fight do they put up?

A fight better than a carp, they jump out the water lol, had to go past 3 fishermen on the bank to land it because my £100 pole was not strong enough to drag it back and the elastic was fully stretched, the fishermen werent happy bringing all there gear in haha.

Most reactions

Back