My first piccie

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Fish Bound

Reaction score
Hello :)

I'm really struggling to get a good picture from my digital camera, I have a fuji a202 - and have taken hundreds of pics, but my fish don't seem to want to sit still, and I just don't seem to be able to get a decent piccie :(

Ah well - anyway here we go, this is the picture of my tank, full of white cloud minnows :D

Attachments

• tank.jpg
    tank.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 60
get a pic of the whole tank and i will give u a nomaintion for small tank of the month cos i love that tank very beautiful!!! :D :thumbs:

This is where I'm going to try a close up shot.

Sorry - I hope I'm ok to test this out with pictures :huh:

It'a 18" x 12" x 12" tank

Undergravel filter with a maxi-jet mp400
heater with temp at 22oC
Lava Rock with some java moss growing on it
3 x anubias
1 x clump of vallis
Some Cabomba
and a plant that looks like a spider plant - I have nooo idea what it is :D
there is another plant in there too, and I havn't a clue what that is either - still they came of their own accord :) so I can't complain.

Plants always see to do quite well, although the lower leafs of the cabomba die off, I'm restricted with tube length and wattage due to the size of my tank.

I hope the pictures are ok.

I've seen some fantastic fish and tanks in this forum and can't wait until I can set about with a new tank - this time of decent size - but I'm struggling for room space :( - Still I'll find somewhere for it.

Enjoy :)

+ if anyone has any good advice for taking pictures I'd love to hear from them.

:thumbs:

Attachments

• afish.jpg
    afish.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 54
Do your whiteclouds breed often mate? I'd imagine you must be overun with fry unless you have something bigger lurking in there to keep them in check?

Wow

Thank you everyone.

It's the first time my tank has been seen by other fishy people, so I've been a bit worried :)

Only the two original Minnow's breed, they make it very obvious - which makes my life easy - It means I don't distrub eggs and I am very careful when it comes to doing a water change.

My LFS said I could take the young fish to them and I could get some credit, but my first and second batches have gone to community tanks, one in a local health centre and another one in a hospital - I donate them - I've not made money from them :)

The ones left in there are the small ones that, one, didn't seem to want to be caught to be taken away, and two, there are a few that have a few anomolies - but are still happy and healthy.

Thank you again :)

I think your tank looks great, and I love what you've been doing with your fry. :thumbs: :nod:

:D I think your tank is a lovely example of elegant simplicity and is just the sort of thing I'm trying to encourage newbies to go for - sticking to one or two species so you get a nice school, a few plants, rocks and you get a really nice tank that doesn't look too crowded.

By contrast, some of the tanks I've seen out and about over the last few months are quite unattractive - too many fish, too many different types of fish and a complete mis-mash that looks messy and cluttered.

Well done! I can tell this fish keeping bug has bitten you!

Most reactions

Back