My First Fish Tank

Tiarni Roberts

Reaction score
:good: hi my name is Tiarni and i am 10 years old. this is my first tank, it is a 28 litre tank with built in light and undergravel filter. It has 3 snails, 1 honey dwarf gourami, 1 baby emerald barb, 1 dalmation mollie, 1 albino rainbow shark, 1 baby bristle nose catfish, 2 bronze corys and 3 neon tetras. It has a background and one plant.

regards
Tiarni Roberts

Attachments

• PICT0047.JPG
    PICT0047.JPG
    22.5 KB · Views: 31
Very pretty Tiarni. You have a lovely name too.

Good to see you getting into the hobby so young.

Add some more plants, your fish will love you for this. They need hiding places.

nice tank, when i was your age i still had a common goldfish in a little plastics tank with one fake blant and bright yellow stones. well done. :)

Tiarni, I know you are only young and all, but you have way to many fish for your sized tank. Its called overstocking, if you dont understand, ask your parents.

I just want to warn you, some of the people on here are going to tell you that you need to get rid of your shark and some other stuff.

They need much bigger tanks.

So dont get upset, they are only going to be looking out for your fishies.

Rhiannon

28 litre tank with built in light and undergravel filter. It has 3 snails, 1 honey dwarf gourami, 1 baby emerald barb, 1 dalmation mollie, 1 albino rainbow shark, 1 baby bristle nose catfish, 2 bronze corys and 3 neon tetras. It has a background and one plant.

28lt isnt that big, with all those fish its wey overstocked, sorry to be rude, but its pointless avoiding till later where problems may occur. barbs grow big and i think the emerald will (tigers do) and need to shoal, the mollie is not only too big for that tank, but also requires brackish waters to truely thrive.the rainbow shark will get too big, and i think aggressive for your tank, the bristle nose will also grow too big, the bronze are possable ok, they need bigger grows of 3+ to feel safer, but pygmy cories would be the best choice.and lastly the neons need to be in a much bigger group, 5+is the usally lowest amount kept.
i would suggest taking back your barb, molly, shark, catfish and tetras, sort the tank out with more plants and caves.
how did you cycle?
sort your tank out, and do lots of research on different fish and ways of fishkeeping, ask plenty of questions on here and i m sure members will be happy to help, i dont mean to sound rude or unwelcoming, but your fishes lives and happiness come first

geez, the poor kid is only ten years old. she may be overstocked but she needs to be talked to according to her age not as though she was another adult.

tiarni, they are right darlin. unfortunately the fish you have in there really are not too suitable for your tank. maybe you could put a post in here and ask what fish would be ok in there. you could get some guppies, or some nice tetras, or even a female fighter and some corys and someone mentioned. dont be discouraged though. its all about learning and theres lot to learn about keeping fish :) you are doing well though :)

Most reactions

Back