My Female Tank

lilfishie

Its a kinda MAGIC!! ^_^
Reaction score
Well heres some snaps of my 30 gal female Betta tank currently housing 26 females amongst a few other fish :good:

Tank shot *sorry its so dark its all the frogbit :lol: *
GEDC3246.jpg

Now the girls :D

Mustard Gas Dragon HM
GEDC3310.jpg

GEDC3119.jpg

Blue Combtail & Red VT
GEDC3308.jpg

Red with gold sheen VT
GEDC3307.jpg

Blue Combtail & White/Black Marble HM
GEDC3304.jpg

Blue & Orange Dragon HMs
GEDC3290.jpg

Blue Dragon & Pink/Blue Marble HM
GEDC3288.jpg

Black/White Marble HM & 2 Red VTs
GEDC3284.jpg

Pastle VT, Black/White Marble HM & 2 Blue Combtails
GEDC3261.jpg

Red VTs
GEDC3210.jpg

Blue VT
GEDC3201.jpg

Of course thats only a hand full of my females :look:

Great! How come that your females don't show 'stress stripes' in that set-up? I had 5 in 15 gallon and only the dominant female had her bright colouring. I saw the same at the breeder. We basically had to separate the females I was interested in buying so I could see their true colours.

I have 4 females in my community tank . . there were 5 but I lost one.
Mine all have their bright colours, no sign of stress stripes at all

The only time mine get stress stripes is when the light is turned on in the morning and thats only 2 out of the 26!

how planted is you 15 Gal? they should only have them when stressed, as you can see mine have plenty of cover and the large number helps too as 1 isn't picked on :good:

Biulu are you sure your bright 1 was indeed female? if it was a PK male would explain the others being stressed

The only time mine get stress stripes is when the light is turned on in the morning and thats only 2 out of the 26!

how planted is you 15 Gal? they should only have them when stressed, as you can see mine have plenty of cover and the large number helps too as 1 isn't picked on :good:

Biulu are you sure your bright 1 was indeed female? if it was a PK male would explain the others being stressed

My tanks is planted normally but with sufficient cover. I have started to think too that it might actually be a male. I will try to take a picture of 'her' tomorrow.

yer get a pic up, in the mean time theres a link in my sig that shows you what to look for :)

could also be anyother tankmates? what else is in the tank?

wow you have some pretty bettas! i love female betta community tanks! :good:

Most reactions

Back