My DIY cave

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

impur

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Here are a couple pics of my DIY cave. I used a 90 elbow gutter fitting. Pics are a bit blury sorry, my webcam sux.

hmm another try

Attachments

• DIYcave.JPG
    DIYcave.JPG
    13 KB · Views: 49
I am not quite done with it. The edges still need to be covered, but you get the idea.

Attachments

• DIYcave2.JPG
    DIYcave2.JPG
    11.2 KB · Views: 52
I am using some left over medium sized gravel i had and also gluing pieces of shale i got from the river. I smashed the shale and picked the pieces i though would go well. Someday i'll get a better cam and get you guys some better pics.

Cool, I'd like to see some clearer pictures of it, might want to make one for my community tank. Guess you could use shards of slate, if you sanded down the edges with a Dremel so they wouldn't be sharp? Just don't think the gravel would go good with the sand in the tank. Did you use silicone or epoxy to stick the stuff on it with? Sorry 'bout all the questions, looks like a fun project that I'd like to try.

I used 100% silicon. I used a file to make the edges rounded. It was pretty fun, time consuming though. Took me about 3 hours and i'm not done with the edges yet!! I'll work on some better pics, i may just get a disposable cam and take some pics.

Most reactions

Back