My Current Set Ups, Would Love Advice/opinions On How To Improve.

BootsBetta

Reaction score
So in tank #1, I have Prince (double-tail) in a 10 gallon tank with 4 corys. I have a top-fin 10 filter, and a heater keeping the tank at 79 degrees. I do a 30% water change on Saturdays, and a 10% water change on Tuesdays. There are live plants in there, but the wood is fake. (First picture)

In tank #2 I have Blaze. She is in a 5.5 gallon by herself. Plants are silk. I do one 20% water change on Saturdays and one 10% water change on Tuesdays. There is a Tetra Whipser 10 filter in there, and a heater keeping the tank at 81 degrees. (Second Picture)

In tank #3 I have Oscar. He's in a 2 gallon tank with a bubbler & heater keeping the tank between 78-81 degrees. His water is changed 50% every day.

In tank #4 I have Charley. He was a "rescue" and is still stuck in a 1 gallon tank until I can upgrade him next week (to a 5 gallon). He has a heater keeping the tank at 80 degrees (so far. Just added yesterday. Pic does not show heater, it was added later). I change his water 50% each day as well.

In tank #5 I have Cooper. He's in the 2nd 10 gallon with 5 corys, an internal 10/20 filter (came with the set up, will be replacing soon), and a heater keeping the tank at about 80-81 degrees. I do a 30% water change on Saturdays and a 10% change on Tuesdays.

Attachments

• bt1.jpg
    bt1.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 44
  • 5gal2.jpg
    5gal2.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 43
  • bt4.jpg
    bt4.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 44
  • bt3.jpg
    bt3.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 41
  • bt2.jpg
    bt2.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 45
I'm not really a fan of tanks under 5 gal, not saying that it can't be done..
If you don't want to get more tanks for Oscar and Charley I'd recommend dividing the 10 gal tanks in half so each fish gets 5 gal (Though the cory's probably wouldn't be happy)

What kind of cories do you have in the tanks?  All cories except the 3 pygmy species are too large to keep in a 10 gallon tank.  The betta in the 1 gallon I actually recommend water changes of 100% daily since he does not have a cycled filter. This is especially important since his fins look a bit "under the weather" which is normal for a rescue.  Warm very clean water will heal that up quite quickly.

Other than that really, I don't really notice anything wrong with your setups.  If you were to rehome the cories you could easily split the two 10 gallon tanks to each hold 2 bettas if space is an issue.  Although I prefer live plants over fake, silk is a good option for bettas.  Oh and maybe include some way for the bettas to hide in some of the tanks like a cave of some sort..

UPDATE:

The corys have moved to a friends 75gal community tank. Prince, Cooper, and Blaze's tanks have been kept the same other wise and they are doing great. 

Oscar & Charley were both moved to a 5gal tank two days ago. Oscar jumped out of his tank sometime between this morning when I fed him and this afternoon when I checked in on them. It's really upsetting because I was fairly attached to him. He was my first "rescue" betta and he came around so nicely.
sad.png
I don't even know how he made it out. There is only a small opening the circumference of a pop can where the filter cord comes out, and that is the only place he could have done it.
sad.png

Here is Charley's new tank. 

o905d1.jpg

Most reactions

Back