My Cichlid Tank

woodie

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi all

i re-designed my Cichlid tank today and put in some bamboo, what i bpught from the local garden center, chopped it up scrubbed and rinsed it ver well, put some gravel in to weigh it down, and there love it !!!!

also i guy i got my BN's off recommends it for them and L-Numbers he has had very good results with it.

i'm really chuffed with the finished effevt, ignore the mucky glass it has been cleaned since then :rolleyes:
th_fcb2711f.jpg

you can see a bigger pic here - http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b359/clarrich/fcb2711f.jpg

I like the bamboo i think.. i have never seen that done before. Look at your cichlids makes me wish i never got rid of mine :(

Looks great would love to see more pics! :cool:

looks cool. what kinds of fish you got in there? i see pink convicts, electric yellows, and firemouths. do they all get along ok ?

i hope there isnt any pink convicts in there :huh: only have the one, and he's with his mate in the kitchen with his fry :rofl:

in that tank there is

M'Buna Mouthbrooders
Three male convicts (one is a blue)
pair of labs
Pair of fire mouths
red tail shark (dont ask)
chemolen (sp) cichlid
salvania
and 5 bronze corydors
and somewhere hiding a loach that i thought had been eaten!

and there all get on fine, i think that is because there is so many hiding places for them there not competing for there own bit of space.

Clare

Nice looking set-up! :D I'd love to use some bamboo in some of my tanks..how do you know if the bamboo is safe to put in the tank? like it hasn't been specially treated or something. That's the only thing I'd be worried about if I put some in mine.

:kewlpics:

you have to make sure you get untreated bamboo it says on the label, and was and soak it well...but dont boil it as this shatters it ! i just poor near boiling water over it

the pink things arnt pink there yellow and there m'buna mouthbrooders

Clare

oh. are they the same as the one in your avatar? is there a common name for them?

Most reactions

Back