My Bubble Guy....now What..:)

5150wicdfish

Reaction score
DSC01458.jpg
Can someone tell me the process of introducing female betta to the tank..first..I have not purchased a female..just want to know steps to do this, and I am thinking should give it a try.
second...I have empty tanks, a 2.5 gal, a 8 gal with saved media, and heater for 8gal. the 2.5 I don't trust with a hydor mini heater..
I am more familiar with cichlids, so this is new for me.
smile.png

Any comments would be appreciated... Thank you! (sorry for big pic, and blurry lousy camera.LOL)

I am not familiar with Betta breeding but I do know you will not be able to keep the female with the male in the long term.

Breeding bettas is something you should read up on before attempting it. As tuxyu3 says, males and females should be kept in separate tanks except for the actual spawning process. They have to be conditioned first, then introduced to each other very carefully and the female removed quickly if things turn nasty. And you'll need a lot of jars to house the male fry or they'll fight.
http://www.fishforum...ring-betta-fry/

Thank you so much for reply..I did read up a little last night, and I don't think I'm ready to do this yet..:D

Most reactions

Back