My Bettas Arrived Today

Bristlenose1804

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi guys.Well todays the day.Came home from work to find my first two gorgeous betta males waiting for me
:hyper:
Sorry -_- I know iv posted these pictures before but im just so excited and wanted to know what you guys think?
Heres the first guy Fabian
19_a.jpg
This pictures does him no justice hes much more pretty.Hes a super delta and is more of a blue colour with bits of green,red and white and hes all shiny! I sat in front of the tank wehn I got in and this little guy came straight to the front and stared flaring away at me as if to say ' Yaeh what ya lokking at?'
This is my other guy Fagon
sd_12.jpg
Hes a super delta double tail and he looks all shiny too

Both boys took 4-5 pellets of Hikari Betta Bio-Gold quite happly

I do have a few questions I was wondering if anyone can help me with

1. They do seem happy enought they swin around but do spend some time just sitting at the bottom. Is this normal? Iv read its because there fins are heavy, is that right and its nothing to wory about?

2. Also I have a normal VT in my mixed tropical tank but my new guys look tiny compared to him.I expected them to be bigger.Hes really chunky. Will my boys grow? are do they say small because of the breeding?

If someone can answer these questions for me and put my mind at rest id be greatful

Oh and a big thank you everyone who answered all the questions i asked before getting these guy.You were a great help :thumbs: :flowers:

1. They do seem happy enought they swin around but do spend some time just sitting at the bottom. Is this normal? Iv read its because there fins are heavy, is that right and its nothing to wory about?

Thats probably becasue they've just arrived, some cope with postage better than others. The three I got, for instance, one acted like he'd lived here all his life, one was a bit inactive for a while and the other took a few weeks to recuperate. Give them time :)

2. Also I have a normal VT in my mixed tropical tank but my new guys look tiny compared to him.I expected them to be bigger.Hes really chunky. Will my boys grow? are do they say small because of the breeding?
They're small becasue they're a lot younger. VT's from shops are, typicaly, way over 6 months old (because they sell better bigger with bigger fins, I think), whereas yours will be 3/4 months ish. Or less maybe, the youngest I've received has been just a bit over 2 months.

Most reactions

Back