My Betta And His Home

loggerbomb

Reaction score
OK guys, I introduced myself in the "Newbie" section (oh how I despise that term!) but figured I would stroll on down here to the Betta section as my only fish is one! (how appropriate of me eh? lol)

So without further delay, here is Raffi in all his semi blurred glory
IMG_0478.jpg

Here is his pimped out crib
IMG_0476.jpg

I do have 2 things to ask as well.

1. Is there too much or too little in the tank? (ie. Enough hiding spots)
2. Is my filter that pumps 100GPH too much. I don't want Raffi too stressed by always having to fight a current.

I do want to add a couple buddies for Raffi. I know some kinds are better than others but I had a hankering to put in a couple neon tetras. Any comments on that idea?

looks like he's plenty of places to hide, personally i would go for real plants not fake, i've found plastic plants can have sharp edges, he could tear his fins on them pretty easily. plus i just think real ones look nicer.

best way to tell is through just watching the tank, see if he's struggling swimming or not. to me it sounds a bit too strong but it's down to you to make an assessment of it and decide really.

there's a good pinned topic here about tankmates for betta's. neon's are probably a bad idea though, you really are quite limited what you can put them with, they're not community fish.

I do want to go with real plants, but I wanted to get the tank established first.

I have seen Raffi actually lodge himself into the plants. Funny little quirk if you ask me.
I tried to put the one plant in front of the filter to disperse some of the flow. Raffi does seem to struggle at times, but than at others he seems rather calm up around the heater and in a couple corners. I was hoping he'd explore the rock in the tank but so far no luck.

I do want to go with real plants, but I wanted to get the tank established first.

I have seen Raffi actually lodge himself into the plants. Funny little quirk if you ask me.
I tried to put the one plant in front of the filter to disperse some of the flow. Raffi does seem to struggle at times, but than at others he seems rather calm up around the heater and in a couple corners. I was hoping he'd explore the rock in the tank but so far no luck.

yeah they tend to sit and have a little rest on the leaves.

if the flow is more on one side of the tank than the other then watch him over a week or so, see if he's using all the tank or avoiding just one side. if he's not going where the flow is strongest then it's too much for him and you should try to reduce it.

Most reactions

Back