My 99P Tank,any Ideas?

BackToTheFishes

Fishaholic
Reaction score
99ptank.jpg
This is the tank I won for 99p on ebay! :hyper:
Any ideas what I can do with it?Its 50gal

I hate you..... 99p not even fair, I trawled around a car boot today in search of a cheap tank to no avail haha.

50g decent size what do you want :D Could be a good South American Puffer tank.

I think it would look great heavily planted with a few dwarf cichlids and a big shoal of corys and tetra.
Something like
2 keyhole cichlids or Laetacara curviceps/Dwarf Flag Cichlid or Laetacara dorsigera/Red-Breasted Acara
3 Apistogramma or 2 Bolivian rams
20 panda corys
20 cardinal tetra or similar sized fish
4 festivum cichlid

I hate you..... 99p not even fair, I trawled around a car boot today in search of a cheap tank to no avail haha.

50g decent size what do you want :D Could be a good South American Puffer tank.
Came with a fluval 4 too :p muahaha
hmmmm,puffers,interesting! :good:

I think it would look great heavily planted with a few dwarf cichlids and a big shoal of corys and tetra.
Something like
2 keyhole cichlids or Laetacara curviceps/Dwarf Flag Cichlid or Laetacara dorsigera/Red-Breasted Acara
3 Apistogramma or 2 Bolivian rams
20 panda corys
20 cardinal tetra or similar sized fish
4 festivum cichlid
Interesting too,this could be fun!!!!!! :D

Came with a fluval 4 too :p muahaha

:blink: omg who would sell you that for 99p!? my fluval 403 alone cost 74 quid

The definition of the word bargain needs to be re-written. In the words of Rountrees randoms - You squidgy chestpiece!

Its one of those odd shapes you wouldnt normally buy as theres not alot you can do with it concidering its size. It looks so much smaller than 50 gallon!

I think planted is the only way to go with this tank, albeit minimal focused around a tangle of roots perhaps.

Question: What on earth is the frame around it? Hideous IMO. Nice tank tough, and can't fault the price!

The definition of the word bargain needs to be re-written. In the words of Rountrees randoms - You squidgy chestpiece!

Its one of those odd shapes you wouldnt normally buy as theres not alot you can do with it concidering its size. It looks so much smaller than 50 gallon!

I think planted is the only way to go with this tank, albeit minimal focused around a tangle of roots perhaps.

Question: What on earth is the frame around it? Hideous IMO. Nice tank tough, and can't fault the price!
Yeah its a crappy wood moulding,disgusting,but glued on with something designed by NASA! :( Think I'm going to need to sand it and paint it

It looks tiny in the picture... still cool though. Would be nice heavily planted, dark background and substrate, bright light and just a large shoal of something in it. You could probably get about 40-50 small shoaling fish in there and they'd look lovely flitting in and out of plant thickets.

Given the shape of the tank the SA theme (tetra/small cichlid - planted etc.) sounds good.

Another idea I've just had which might appeal to you, is if you get a load of snail shells, some sort of 'central pillar' and silicon the shells to that to make a sort of 'shell pyramid' and have a shell dweller colony. Don't know how feasible this is as I have very little experience with Old World cichlids, but it sounds like it could work and make an interesting set up.

You sure thats 50G? Whats the dimensions? Still a bargin though chief :good:
37" front 27"sides 26" tall,52 us gal according to the calculator I found

Wouldn't the volume calculator take those measurements to mean a standard oblong shape? I agree it doesn't look 50 gallon from the pic. Even if it is, bear in mind when working out your stock level, that the water surface area is less (I think - although maths is not my strong point LOL).

Super bargain though! Yeah, good idea about painting the frame - you could make it fit in with your home decor!

Athena

Most reactions

Back