My 90ga Sw Tank!

FLcracker94

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Ok, in my time that I was off these forums, I was ordering my tank, getting equipment stuff like that. Well, everything is done, the tank should be cycled and all is well.

Lights:
(4) 110watt Super actinic VHO

Filtration:
(I think) a 7ga sump, using rock rubble, and filter pads.
Corralife125ga skimmer
Magdrive pump, 950GPH

Tank itself:
90ga all glass
Oak stand/canopy
Center drilled

Livestock:
Percula clown
Firefish
Damsel(gonna regret it...)

Rock/sand:
3bags of carribean sand
1bag of regular LS
About 40lbs of LR (Need alot more)

Everything is fine, I still need more rock, I plan on getting about 40lbs of base rock this weekend or so. Only problem I'm having, is SG is a little high, its staying at around 1.026 and 1.028. I'm a little worried about this but I'm slowley trying to lower it. No use in do a big drop, and no use in wasting alot of Money at once right now. I know you'r gonna be concernd about the rock and SG, don't worry, I'm working on it. Anyway, I'll get some pics soon, I just gotta finish some other things first.

Oo looks fancy. Are you planning on adding anything else to your livestock in the future? lol but i guess we have to wait until we get the tank running before thinking about future livestock ideas. :shout:

I plan on at least getting a Pacific Blue Tang (maybe not sure, don't tell me it's too big) and maybe a pair of bangai cardinals. Definetly a male for my perc, and alot of softies and LPS.

Here is a FTS for now. I need alot more rock, hopefully I get some this weekend. (base rock)
100_4133.jpg

I've got a pacific blue tang, but mine is still a juvinile so it is still yellow but it is starting to turn blue round the outside.

Pic of it? I plan on getting one maybe about 1 1/2 to 2" long, the really small ones are too hard to keep unstressed.

I've got a pacific blue tang, but mine is still a juvinile so it is still yellow but it is starting to turn blue round the outside.

I looked at the website in your sig, thats a carribean blue, it doesn't look anything like a pacific blue. Pacific blue looks like Dory from "finding Nemo".

Thanks, I'm working on getting SG down to were I want before getting anymore rock or fish (or coral)

I'm starting to see more algae growing, which I want for now since its a new tank. At least now I know the tank is doing well (cept SG...grr)

Is this a FO setup????

For now, I'm going to get everything finished, and all the problems fixed before I get anymore fish, inverts, and absolutely no coral till this is done. I only have three fish in the tank right now, and its better than being in a filthy BC12 with nitrate problems. Still havent figured out what was holding all the nitrates in my tank (I did w/c everyweek.)

YEA!! Finally got SG down. I tested it at the LFS, and it was 1.026 there. Well, that means my hydrometer is .002 higher. So, I got my hydrometer to say 1.024, so that means my accual SG is about 1.022, which is fine cause of evaporation! All systems go! Hopefully by this time next week, I should have gotten some base rock, and maybe even a coral.

Most reactions

Back