My 75 Gallon Cold Water Community Tank

Acipenser

Reaction score
I thought I would Share this and see what others think ? 6 fancy gold fish ;1 3" red cap oranda, 1 3" ryukin, 2 1 " lion heads, 2" blue oranda's (look abit like pom poms), 6 white clouds, 6 lepoard danios, 1 confused little cardinal tetra (there were 6 but the bigger golfish thought they were a snack). and 2 weather loaches.
Filtration AC 110 and Ac 30

So what do you think ?

substrate001.jpg

newtankmates017.jpg

newtankmates007.jpg

newtankmates008.jpg

newtankmates006.jpg

It's nice, but needs far more decoration IMO. It's terribly bare. . Also the Danios and tetras are tropical fish and need to be moved to a separate tank ( 20 gallons is best ) . Tetras need to be in groups of 8+ , as do Danios, and the goldfish eating them is hardly an amusing or ideal situation. You also need more white clouds as they are also active schooling fish like tetras and danios. Ten- fifteen would be a good number so that they form a close knit school , which will give them more confidence and natural behaviour around the goldfish, and will also look stunning.

Also, have you considered floating plants ( real ) ? Water lettuces and Salvinia for example? The small fish can hide in the long roots of the water lettuce and golds will more than likely snack on the salvinia ( you can keep some aside in a tray on the windowsill to propogate, it's like duckweed but bigger ) . Mossballs would look nice , and as far as I know will not be eaten.

I do like the Oranda, he/she looks lovely.

Thanks I have a 25 gallon but it currently has danio fry in it, the danios will be heading back there once the fry are a bit bigger, I was going to add about 20 white clouds. I did have live plants but the gold fish anhilated them, I plan to add some more but need to deal with my lighting first, the little cardinal will be getting rehomed asap into another tank i have sitting around.

Good stuff, sounds great :good: What plants did you have? Because soft leaved things like cabomba and Elodia do get eaten pretty quickly. Things with tough leaves such as Java ferns and Crypts ect, and also java moss and mossballs should be left alone as they tend to be pretty unpalatable and do fine in low light. Try those perhaps? You can always add more silk plants ( and mix them with live if you like ) and also some nice rocks too. Just fill it out more I think, give it a bit more oopmh! :good:

Most reactions

Back