My 29G Rebuild Thread

Mr.Tan

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I have been neglecting my current tank for the past couple months and finally decided last week that I wanted to redo it and make it "fun" again.   I decided on a full rebuild from the floor up (literally). 

here is how it looked before.... so sad to see it get this way.  Algae outbreak all over driftwood and algae on glass.
sad.png

Purchased new drift wood last week from my LFS and have it soaking in buckets.   Also purchased new plants which are currently "living and growing" in my tank until I get my new one setup and running.  

I will be relocating some of my livestock, i got ants in my pants and bought some fish that would be better suited in a longer tank (rainbow fish and common pleco)
newdriftwood is not pictured, unless you want me to take pic of the bucket its in
wink.png
  ..tank is cloudy from putting plants in.

I always wanted to build my own stand, I ran a metal framed stand for MANY years and wanted somthing nicer looking but built to my specs and sturdy. It is almost finished, need to finish up the lighting inside and install a magnetic switch to activate the lights once door opens, and fix my one light.   Once thats done it will be stained and then moved inside.

in this pic only one of the bottom shelf lights is working, need to sort it out this evening.

A local chain pet store was having their $1 per gallon sale, so I went and picked up another 29g tank to work with.  The tank is located on the 3rd floor of my moms house, which is 80 years old, so I didnt want to upgrade to a bigger tank for fear that it would put too much weight on the floor.   I'll eventually move up to something larger when I have my own place/purchase the house from my parents and can have free roam of the whole thing
smart.gif
tank has been leak tested, and the background will be painted a semi gloss black as long as it is not too humid tonight.

Thats it so far.  I'll have more updates after tonight when I can work on it more.

Most reactions

Back