My 100Gallon Cichlid Tank

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

paradiddle

Fish Crazy
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
So here's a quick video of my tank, just wondered about any constructive criticism or if you like it?
The air stone doesn't stay there I was cleaning behind the rocks so moved it for a bit

http://youtu.be/DNdgmPNcWN8

I like it!

Very clear and tidy looking tank...not jealous at all...

My only criticism is that it's not in my house!

Aha thank you very much :)
If I ever for some strange reason stop the hobby I'll send it your way
fm1978 said:
I like it!

Very clear and tidy looking tank...not jealous at all...

My only criticism is that it's not in my house!

A very clean and neat tank, wow, thats good going :)

Thank you :)
costs a lot of money and time but its well worth it :D

Dreamer03 said:
I approve of this tank!!!

Ch4rlie said:
A very clean and neat tank, wow, thats good going
smile.png

Hi, paradiddle.

It must be a real pleasure to kick back and stare into that tank at the end of a rough day.
kewlpics.gif

The only thing I will offer in the way of aquascaping constructive criticism, is that everything looks kinda really evenly spread out. I think you could create some really cool focal points and dramatic interest by adding an area or two of higher or lower rock. The plants could help create the same feeling by bunching them in a few areas instead of having them spaced apart.

By the way, what did you use for the black background? It shows really nice!

I may indeed add another few large pieces of coral rock to the tank, but 2 things stopping me are:
<> Weight on the glass + cichlids actively dig gravel and spit it, i wouldnt want a rock slide! :p
<> Its evenly covering the lowest points of the tank to break lines of sight and provide ample cover for any size fish (as you can see in the right hand side of the tank is the biggest cave as from day 1 this is where my socolofi decided to call home!)
And the black back ground is just craft/hobby acrylic jet black paint - its highlighted by my lighting which is a day light white bulb at the front and a marine blue at the back, this creates shadow and depth :)

Thanks for your comment and i hope my response on the background helps you :)
yinyangpete said:
Hi, paradiddle.

It must be a real pleasure to kick back and stare into that tank at the end of a rough day.
kewlpics.gif

The only thing I will offer in the way of aquascaping constructive criticism, is that everything looks kinda really evenly spread out. I think you could create some really cool focal points and dramatic interest by adding an area or two of higher or lower rock. The plants could help create the same feeling by bunching them in a few areas instead of having them spaced apart.

By the way, what did you use for the black background? It shows really nice!

Most reactions

Back