much better

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

skiltrip

Fishaholic
Reaction score
...nominate this one. it's a modest effort, and my first aquarium!

Attachments

• theone_smaller.jpg
    theone_smaller.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 50
Thanks for the nomination Tanked! I voted for you for both fish of the month and tank of the month for june. i wanted to ask you about your tank. the little cave/hut that you seem to have made from some sort of reddish slate. what is that made of? i really love the look of it. gives an asian vibe to the tank. i wouldn't mind doing something similar in mine.

- kip

I'll nominate it too. Looks very nice and clean. I would probably suggest that you move the thermometer to one of the sides :)

Mogo

ok im nominating but i want it put on the record that ive allready nominated this one. ... i think i did

Coming along nicely m8 :thumbs:

If people are making suggestions then I think that type of heater should be at an angle - othwise the warm water rises straight up to the thermostat and can turn it off too early ,,,, ;)

:)

You may want to weight the air line down and run under the gravel to the corner of the tank where it can be easily hidden by a tall plant.
Coming along nicely :thumbs:

Thanks for all the suggestions.

As far as the heater goes, I never have a problem with temperature. The temperature stays locked at whatever temp i set it at. And I like easy access to the dial in the event that i need to lower or raise the temp a little bit. (It's a fully submersible Ebo-Jager heater by the way).

I'd like to run the airlines under the gravel and come up in the corner, but i'd rather not disturb the fish at this point. My tank is 22 inches deep/high, so it's almost up to my armpit when I have to work at the bottom of the tank. Quite a pain in the butt! (Maybe I'll work this modification in in my next major water change). (How do you weight down an airline by the way?)

And finally, the thermometer. I like it up front. I monitor the temp frequently, even when I'm just passing by, so I like it in easy view. I could have removed it for the picture easy enough, but that would be cheating no? haha.

Again, thanks for the input!

- Kip

Most reactions

Back