Moving

xxAlexxx23

Reaction score
Hey yall!

So I’m moving my house and i have a flowerhorn in my tank and im getting a bigger one for it but i have to do it quick. Any advice on how to get it done in the same day? I don't want to cause too much stress to him

Thank you!!

You're getting a bigger what, tank or fish?

If you are getting a bigger tank, just buy the tank now and set it up at the new place before you move if you can. Sometimes you can get into a place a few days before you move so you can clean it. If this is possible, just set the new tank up and transfer the fish and filter over. If you can't do it before you move, then do it the day after everything has been moved or the day of the move, but that is painful.

You're getting a bigger what, tank or fish?

If you are getting a bigger tank, just buy the tank now and set it up at the new place before you move if you can. Sometimes you can get into a place a few days before you move so you can clean it. If this is possible, just set the new tank up and transfer the fish and filter over. If you can't do it before you move, then do it the day after everything has been moved or the day of the move, but that is painful.
I wanted to get a bigger tank currently in a 37 gal tank wanted to switch to a 55 gal tank. Problem is I already moved in and thought i had more time to bring him in here but seems like my time is up. I was thinking of just bringing it over in the original tank and then swapping him out to the bigger tank after a week or so dont know if thats a good idea to do

I wanted to get a bigger tank currently in a 37 gal tank wanted to switch to a 55 gal tank. Problem is I already moved in and thought i had more time to bring him in here but seems like my time is up. I was thinking of just bringing it over in the original tank and then swapping him out to the bigger tank after a week or so dont know if thats a good idea to do

You're not explaining very clearly... Do you have the bigger tank already set up in your new house? How far do you have to travel with the fish between houses?

If the tank is already set up and ready, then just move the fish straight into the larger tank. Transfer the filter and filter media and any tank decor at the same time, so the right cycling bacteria are there are ready to establish in the new tank.

I was thinking of just bringing it over in the original tank and then swapping him out to the bigger tank after a week or so dont know if thats a good idea to do
Put the fish into a big bucket that is about 1/2 to 2/3 full of its tank water. Grab a couple of more buckets of water from the tank if you can and use these to partially fill the tank when it's at the new place.

Remove the filter and clean the media in a bucket of tank water. Put the media in a bucket of clean aquarium water. Wash the filter case and motor under tap water and put it in the car.

Gravel clean the tank and get all the water out of it. Then remove all the gravel so the tank is empty. Take the tank outside and rinse it out. Be careful when doing this so you don't damage it. When the tank has been rinsed, put it in the car on a towel or blanket.

Wash the coverglass and put them on the tank where they normally go and tape them in place (sticky tape is all you need for this).

Put the stand, fish, gravel and water in the car and go to the new place. Set it up using the old water and top it up with new water from the house you have moved into. Have the fish in the tank with the old water before topping it up with new dechlorinated water. Set the old tank up in a place where the new tank isn't going.

When you get the new tank, set it up with new water, let it run a week, then move the fish and filter into it.

Most reactions

Back