Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I currently have a 10 gallon tank with the following:

2 neon tetras
2 black neon tetras
2 rainbow tetras
1 female guppy
1 silver molly with black spots

I am moving at the end of August, about 1 hour and 30 mins away. I definately want to bring my fish tank. :thumbs:

I was thinking of doing what my friend did when she moved 45 mins away.. She siphoned out 1/2, bit more, of her tank, left the fish in it, travelled to her new home, filled the tank up with the old water and she didnt lose one single fish. but i have about an hour extra that I have to move.. :unsure:

or should I bag the fish up? save my water? :dunno:

Hmmmmmm..... any suggestions would be wonderful!!!!! or experience stories!!
thanks!

:S

i would just bag them, but keep the water. That i think would be the easiest way to do that.

Bag them and put them in a cooler box, that will help to keep the water warm during the journey. Keep as much of the old water as possible and keep the gravel + filter medium under water during the move.

Hope it all goes well :)

wow i never thought about my tanks. I'm moving at the end of the year and I have 2 29g tanks. Thats gong to be a huge problem.

is it true that fish can live in bags for up to 4 hours? i mean i am going straight there and back.. they are not going with all the boxes im bringing at the same time or in the moving truck lol i am bringing the fishies down once i get settled in..

so bag probably the easiest, k, thanks! and good luck with yours Mr.

MrMashashin said:
wow i never thought about my tanks. I'm moving at the end of the year and I have 2 29g tanks. Thats gong to be a huge problem.
:eek: I have almost the exact same thing. I have the black stand for one tank and my other is on a set of dresser drawers identical but not quite the same as that.

k, i think i'll do that.. hope they will be ok

its not for another month but gotta decide a head of time

Most reactions

Back