Moving To A New House

Futralistic

Reaction score
The first of December I will be moving to a new house about 3 miles away. I have a 55g tank with about 20 fish in it, Rainbow fish, Black skirt tetras, SAE, neons, corys. I also have live plants in this tank.

Can anyone give me some good advice on how to move the tank and the fish with minimal impact?

Thanks!!!

Article on moving

It's meant to help move a marine system, but the premise is the same. :good:

Basically, try to save some water, bag the fish seperately with 1/3 water, 2/3 air, and keep the bags in a cooler. The plants can be bagged too.

This move seems pretty close, so it should go alright.

I've had to move a fish tank fairly recently. Of the whole moving process, I found it to be most stressful! If you can, try and have the tank moved into the van last, so that it is the first thing you take out. Get it all set up while the rest of your boxes and furniture is being shifted into the house (it's what you pay these guys to do, after all!), get your filter and heater on. Somehow I did all this and I didn't lose one fish!

After scooping out the gravel, there was so/ much gunk and crap sloshing about. As a result, the tank never looked cleaner once it was all set up again, the fish all seemed happy and I don't have to worry about that kind of build up again for another few months... :D

Most reactions

Back