Moving Four Corys

TimCAD

Reaction score
I need to move four corys to another tank. Is it best to move them all in one big container, or one at a time?

BTW - excuse my ignorance but are these Corydoras surinamensis? As shown here.
Here are some bad pictures I took with my cameraphone. I'll try to get some 3MP shots if it'll help.

TIA

Cory-sm1.jpg

Cory-sm2.jpg

Cory-sm3.jpg

Cory-med1.jpg

Can't id. However, one at a time would be best, since they aren't forced to wait in a container for the other fish to get moved into the bucket (or whatever) as well.

Just don't transfer them in a net. Use a cup or something.

they r same as mine dnt no the name of them yet but going
2 lfs soon were they were from so will get the name of them

we use a tupperware floating in the tank - catch the group and the float it in the new tank for a while.

My lfs sold them as Corydoras Julii. I know that's not right. That was my plan also, to move them in a big tupperware thing. Wasn't sure if thier barbs might injure each other that way tho.
I'm holding off moving them due to one getting a barb stuck in the magnetic glass cleaner. It was caught in a tiny thread of felt. Very strange, but giving him/her a chance to recuperate.

There are several kinds of corys that look similar to yours

That's very close but, not exactly. Still waiting to borrow my neighbors camera.

Can't really see from the pictures, but could vaguely make out a slightly longer snout.

Could your fellas by any chance be Corydoras brevirostris?

Most reactions

Back