Moss Ball

fry_lover

Fred and the Fredettes
Reaction score
thus far i have a 100% success rate

ordered one through the post about 4 months ago and although it hasnt got mucg bigger its still lush green (which is the main thing in Fry_Lover's book)

anyway, ordered 11 more and ended up getting about 14 and they were MUCH bigger than i thought so am chuffed!!!

am thinking about ordering a load more at that price for that size, i love them!!!! and my Corydoras love them too

my question, considering my tank is doing with generally (with plants) and i have good lighting levels and use Seachem Ferts, can i expect my 100% success rate with Moss Balls to continue?

are they "very" hardy?

PS - how do they get like that? all "balled up" :hyper:

EDIT: i have hard water and a 7.6 (ish) pH and i dont use CO2

really sound cheers bud .... off to ebay

I've had one moss ball for exactly one year and it has grown 1 - 2 cm in diametre and is lush green!

Cheers...

I wanted to just fill one whole tank with them once, but.... never got round to it!

Cheers...

If I've got some java moss can I just ball it up or is it not as simple as that?

Doubt it - its not a true moss but a form of algae (Marimo).

I'm actually going to pick up a couple today for my cory's.

thanks George and everyone,

i am about to order a shed load of them, i absolutely love the effect they have on my tank and like i think i mentioned my Corydoras love them!!! and i have 15 Albino Cory, it makes for quite a site seeing them nibbling the moss balls in the hope of finding left-over food LOL

got some of ebay now, should arrive tomorrow...

i "roll" them every water change, not nessary to do it every time, but i usally do it by accident anyway

LOL - i prefer a beer when doing water changes

(just kidding, it was the "rolling" comment LOL)

I suspend my mossball from a wire hooked onto the filter. It sways in the flow from the outlet, the fish nibble it and it doesn't get so clogged up with debris.

Most reactions

Back