more "Suckies"... don't these look angelical???

Magnum Man

Supporting Member
Tank of the Month 🏆
Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
I wanted to try a couple of these, but by the time I could place my order, I had to settle for one... 3.5 to 4 inch... we'll see how angelic it looks when it gets here... if anyone has these... feel free to attach a picture...

1717096935794.png

Last edited:
I'm no angel :p
Lazing on a sunny afternoon

i-NMV7Zd4-M.jpg

Help me, help me, help me sail away,
Well give me two good reasons why I oughta stay.
'Cause I love to live so pleasantly,
Live this life of luxury,
Lazing on a sunny afternoon.
In the summertime
In the summertime
In the summertime

Ah, save me, save me, save me from this squeeze.
I got a big fat mama trying to break me.
And I love to live so pleasantly,
Live this life of luxury,
Lazing on a sunny afternoon.
In the summertime
In the summertime
In the summertime

The kids are alright

i-fSfNtsz-M.jpg

Sometimes, I feel I gotta get away
Bells chime, I know I gotta get away
And I know if I don't, I'll go out of my mind
Better leave her behind with the kids, they're alright
The kids are alright, the kids are alright, the kids are alright

@TwoTankAmin … I don’t think I’ve ever seen anything that resembles the fish in the 2nd picture… what are those??? Whip Tails from the bottom??? They almost look alien in that picture…

Last edited:
@TwoTankAmin … I don’t think I’ve ever seen anything that resembles the fish in the 2nd picture… what are those??? Whip Tails from the bottom??? They almost look alien in that picture…
I believe they're twig cats, Farlowella sp. Very difficult fish to keep alive, in my experience. I much prefer the Sturisoma species, usually called royal Farlowella or whiptail cats. Much easier to get along with and much more active and interesting, too.

Yes - Farlowella. Not hard to keep alive. But raising their offspring is a challenge.

i-gnsw4TP-M.jpg
i-hfwGprL-L.jpg

i-M4295qB-S.jpg
i-2nNK2Zk-M.jpg

They do not have a wiggler stage. The fry develops inside the eggshell. They will breaks out free swimming when the time comes. And this does not happen all at once it can take some time for them all to hatch out. I learned this the hard way as the first spawn was all eaten by others in the tank, I pulled the eggs to the trap the next time.

Here are a pair of Rineloricaria parva from which I got two spawns. The first spawn were green eggs, the second was not. They ate the eggs both times. I lost them soon after. :(

937166643_kwmq3-L.jpg

There are lot of sucker mouth cats which are not plecos. :nod:

Last edited:
Well my fish from that 1st picture arrives tomorrow... it was the last the seller had ( I hope it looks ok ) said they are supposed to get some more next week... this one should be between 3 & 4 inches... assume the ones they get next week, will be smaller???

Most reactions

Back