More Strange Behaviour

B.D.S

Reaction score
ok so i've woken up this morning and gone over to give vince his morning hello (i'm certian i'm not the only one who does this) and the bubble nest he was building under a tiger lotus lily leaf has settled into one big bubble, so now the poor little feller is doing his best to rebuild using the big bubble as fuel.

This is the first major nest he's built in the 10 days since i've gotten him and was wondering what would cause the nest to do this (he's a red/blue lfs combtail?. who knows how old he may be)

cheers guys

Was it underwater? Maybe the bend upwards in the leaf, along with water pressure, caused all the little bubbles to rise up and smoosh into one big one. He will build another one when he gets the technique down pat. :) Bettas are sold to stores at around 4 months of age so he is probably still young.

I say hello to my bettas in the morning, I open the blinds for them and check them to make sure they are all happy and healthy! :D

Ahhh splish you may be right about a bend in the leaf as it's happened again!

Am i wrong in thinking that his saliva should have held it together or is this just a case of youthful inexperiance?.

im guessing hes about 5-6 months old as the lfs that i got him from in turn gets thier bettas from a local wholesaler who from my own previous dealings with (i used to work in an indy lfs) hold their bettas for about 3-4 weeks.

Most reactions

Back