More air flow for the the plants???

Magnum Man

Supporting Member
Tank of the Month 🏆
Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
My jungle has gotten pretty thick, and I’m noticing some fungus here and there, in the plants above the open tanks… assuming high humidity thought about a couple fans to move more air… at minimum, most are probably too thick, and some pruning may make a big difference… thoughts???

My jungle has gotten pretty thick, and I’m noticing some fungus here and there, in the plants above the open tanks… assuming high humidity thought about a couple fans to move more air… at minimum, most are probably too thick, and some pruning may make a big difference… thoughts???
Yes , by all means , thin things out with some pruning and get the air flowing . Do you have a humidity gauge in the room ?

I do not, but it’s not really sealed up tight , and the house is air conditioned, so I don’t think it’s super humid, but there isn’t any heat or air conditioning vents in there, so not a lot of air movement… only circulation is from the air pump to the air stones in the tanks… the basement staircase is about half the room, and that’s not sealed up at all

Last edited:
Sitting here looking and thinking… the 2-55’s are open on 3 sides, and don’t have any issues… the 2-45’s, are only open on one side… and both have some issues albeit different, but I think both are related to less open air movement… thinking a small fan, mounted on the ceiling, blowing into each 45 gallon, would be a good start

Most reactions

Back