Moon’s ripped fins worse

SABWARNER16

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I used salt for four days with the water changes and left for one day after doing a 75% water change and he is actually worse. It has spread to his top fin. Should I start Kanaplex?

Attachments

• D125EB89-29F4-4886-B039-D7BDFDB60428.png
    D125EB89-29F4-4886-B039-D7BDFDB60428.png
    438.2 KB · Views: 78
Were you treating for fin rot? Or were you treating for ripped fins?

If it is fin rot (which it looks like it is) then then medication may be in order... I have Kanaplex, but I have never used it for fin rot. I have always treated with 75% water changes per day for a week.

Were you treating for fin rot? Or were you treating for ripped fins?

If it is fin rot (which it looks like it is) then then medication may be in order... I have Kanaplex, but I have never used it for fin rot. I have always treated with 75% water changes per day for a week.
I don’t know honestly haha.. it was recommended that I use the salt to help heal. But I guess it’s time for something more. I’ll try the Kanaplex

I don’t know honestly haha.. it was recommended that I use the salt to help heal. But I guess it’s time for something more. I’ll try the Kanaplex
Sounds good. Make sure to follow the instructions on the bottle, because you can over-dose on that stuff. Hope he gets better soon! :good:

Sounds good. Make sure to follow the instructions on the bottle, because you can over-dose on that stuff. Hope he gets better soon! :good:
Also, it says to take out the carbon filter. Where should I put it in the meantime? I don’t have another tank to put it in, but would it be okay for a couple days in a cup with water?

Also, it says to take out the carbon filter. Where should I put it in the meantime? I don’t have another tank to put it in, but would it be okay for a couple days in a cup with water?
I wouldn’t suggest putting it in a cup, because bb needs oxygen to survive.

Why can’t you out it in another tank? You can put it near the filter, in the filter, or in the corner of the tank.

I wouldn’t suggest putting it in a cup, because bb needs oxygen to survive.

Why can’t you out it in another tank? You can put it near the filter, in the filter, or in the corner of the tank.
Ok I was able to fit it in another filter in a tank, but will it infect the tank I put it in?

Ok I was able to fit it in another filter in a tank, but will it infect the tank I put it in?
I answered that question in your other thread just now. :)

(Let’s discuss on that thread)

Most reactions

Back