Moonlights

Duck1976

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Got some LED strip moonlights for my tank a couple of months ago and only just got round to taking a decent pic of them, so thought I'd post it.

P1020751.jpg

WOW!! :hyper:

And I though my 45L tank looked pretty good! It's pants compared to half of the tanks on these threads! lol!

Tasha

Got some LED strip moonlights for my tank a couple of months ago and only just got round to taking a decent pic of them, so thought I'd post it.

P1020751.jpg
look brill where you get them and do they take up much room under the hood

i have 2 30cm ones lying around, with wires trimmed and everything ready! they take up no room at all, about 1cm diameter and 30 cm long. (or you can get short ones)

i have 2 30cm ones lying around, with wires trimmed and everything ready! they take up no room at all, about 1cm diameter and 30 cm long. (or you can get short ones)
so were you get yours from nick,ive got cold cats but cant get them under the hood cause every thing it built in/ie lights +filter

so were you get yours from nick,ive got cold cats but cant get them under the hood cause every thing it built in/ie lights +filter

If you search on ebay for "Aquarium Moonlight" they have loads of different ones listed. Mine is jsut one of the single 12" strips. Takes up no room at all. Mine are stuck to the middle part of the Juwel lightbar and fits between that and the reflector (they are only about 3 or 4mm wide). Fed the power cable along the same root as the main lights. I have got them both on digital timers as well, main light is on 10 till 10, moonlights on from 6.30am till 10.10am then 9.50pm till 12.30 with darkness inbetween. Straight away you notice the fish are happier than having a sudden jump or reduction in light.

i have cold cats but i did have a gap in my old hood, now i have a new tank, im yet to decide what i will do with them. i might put gaffatape them in somewhere!!!

Looks B.E.A.U.T.I.F.U.L :good: :drool:

Can you get moonlights or lights that work under water??

Originally I had some of the Marina spotlights (can get them in many colours) which you can use underwater, but they just don't give out enough light as they are only single LED in each one.

No seen any of the strip ones that are fully waterproof

Most reactions

Back