Moonlight

Arimus

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I'm considering buying these from ebay and wondered if anyone has any experience with these...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...ADME:B:AAQ:UK:1

If they do are they any good? If not what esle would people recommend to provide some lighting at night (won't be on all night).

My current tube lighting is on from 7 to 11, 18 to 22 and I'd have the moonlights on 22 to 01...

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I've found that cold cathodes are the way to go to build moonlights, check the link to my planted tank in my signature for more info and pictures...

I know... I'd love to have a proper set above the tank but sadly space does not permit without getting a different hood etc.

I have just had this arrive today. Its probably not ideal for a perfect moon light affect as it is a spot but i'm hoping with a bit of a play it should be nice. I bought it as it was so simpleand well priced, can be in or out the water etc...
I'll post a picture when I have it set up.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...N:IT&ih=014

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Hi all,

Have a look on Ebay for LUMA rocks. They are submersible resin rocks with LEDS built in. They are really good, my friend has a couple of sets in his tank and they make the tank look really good. He has the rainbow versions.

Richard

It is a little bulky but no more so than the heater etc also at the back. I have mounted mine in the back right hand corner and am very pleased with th effect. It bounces off the surface of the water which gives the blue light a shimmer. It does come down in a bit of a spot but ther is enough light to illuminate the whole tank to some extent. I like the slight spot effect as that is what the moon does anyway! :good:

I plan to plant a high plant in that corner so most of the equipment should be hidden.

dsc00199il0.jpg

Most reactions

Back