Moon Ligthing

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Myatt72

Reaction score
:/ Have trigon 190 tank and would like some moon lighting, only problem is no room in the unit have seen some led lights for sale do these work? does anyone have any surgestions?

Cheers!!

from all accounts I've heard they work, seems to me though that people for the mostp art grow out of them.

like it's a phase or novelty. If you end up doing it post up some pictures for the rest of us to see :good:

:/ Have trigon 190 tank and would like some moon lighting, only problem is no room in the unit have seen some led lights for sale do these work? does anyone have any surgestions?

Cheers!!

Hey myatt
Cold cathode light kits hardly take up any room and you should easily be able to fit one in. They are simple and easy to set up. I just put mine along side the existing light tubs over the tank.

post-18922-1144426143.jpg

post-18922-1144426208.jpg

post-18922-1144426274.jpg

post-18922-1144426361.jpg

from all accounts I've heard they work, seems to me though that people for the most art grow out of them.

like it's a phase or novelty. If you end up doing it post up some pictures for the rest of us to see :good:

I agree with you mamafish, I put the cathode in the tank for the sheer novelty element. When it breaks or the bulb needs to be replaced I don't think I will be fixing it. But while it still works I shall enjoy the night time show.

I purchased moon lights from http://www.thelebos.com/ The lights use LEDs which will last for years without being replaced. Actually I have never seen a LED burn out unless it was damaged. The site also includes a computer control that allows you to sync your lights with the intensity of the moon.

I also built my own lights using white, green, and red LEDs. You would probably need a 1000 to make the light work in the daytime.

The nice thing about moon lights is that they let you see catfish and other nocturnal fish without scaring them.

Ape

You can get them as kits on ebay but as mamafish said you will get bored of them , i fitted them to my tank it does look nice but the novelty weares quick.
tanks.jpg
[/img]

Most reactions

Back