Mono Kills Shrimp?

WLuke93

Reaction score
I not long ago set up a new aquarium and the first things that went into where some glass shrimps (4 of them) that had survived being transfered betwen 3 other tanks so were pretty hardy, I then added a young mono to my tank and for some reason the shrimps were swimming about in open water when usually they hide or stay on the floor, one seemed to swim in the mono's way and it attacked it, suddenly the shrimps fell the floor and curved on its side but was still moving, the mono didnt look like it did that much damage, the shrimp stayed down for a long time as if it was trying to rolled back over, when it did it would run about fast and then fall again, 2-3 days passed and the rest of my shrimp experienced the same problems of curling on the floor and struggling to get up, i'm not sure if my mono picked them all off or not, or if they simply didnt have enough places to hide, or just died of stress :/ my tank is a little more stocked now and i was wondering if I could introduce more shrimp into the tank now there is less space to see them an it wont be foccused on them and also if there is more places to hide, or will it just hunt them down? :L

Most reactions

Back