mollies mating

loopylaura87

Reaction score
when i went to the pet shop to get some new fish i decided i wanted some mollies and i wanted a female and male of silver, black and sunset at this time i didn't know how to tell the males from females so i took their word! when i looked on the net about mollies i realised that they had given me all males except 1 so i went and bought some balloon mollies which are both female but all the males still only go for the first female who is already pregnant any ideas on what i can do to stop this because i dont want to move her yet as she's not very far along with her pregnancy!
thanx laura xxxxx

Sometimes it can be down to colour with males, what colour are the female mollies.

Will the pregnant molly 'behave' differently towards the end of her pregnancy...should I look out for tell-tale signs of some sort?

Yes she will become even more moody then normal and will hide in the plants, and maybe chase the other fish away.

well i have a female sunset, silver and dalmation mollies i didn't think colour mattered to them!

Most reactions

Back