Mollies chasing new Gourami

Ted H

Reaction score
I've just introduced a male dwarf Gourami into my tank and since his introduction he's been constantly plagued by the two male mollies I have tried feeding and turning out the light but the mollies seem to continue harrassing it ... It doesn't appear as though they are nipping at him just following around and nudging him.. will this behaviour continue until the gourami becomes stressed or will the mollies soon come to acept the newcommer?
I have a breeding trap in the tank containing two platy fry (which were moved there for safety for a short time due to the introduction of the new gourami and a cory). The molies havent bothered the cory tho.!

Did your mollies stop chasing him though ? Mine chase him even after feed time. in fact every time they se him !

My mollies do this to each other. I have a black and a sailfin molly, and the black follows the sailfin around with his nose to his belly, but doesn't inflict injuries. I don't know how to stop them, and putting them in a bigger tank didn't seme to work. As Ted H says, they do it when they see each other. My fish don't bother the others which are in their tank. If anyone has a solution, please let us know!

I decided to turn the light out early the night i added the gourami and the following morning all seems to be fine , the gourami seem to be left alone , and the mollies just get on with things as they have done in thepast ..... pestering anyone they see... but in a playful type of way .....I think they may have been attracted by the gourami as being more colurful than they, and because he was a newcommer

I had a similar thing with a large male mollie and a male robin gourami. I think that they just take a few weeks to finally settle who is the hardest, and then they leave each other alone :)

Most reactions

Back