Mollies Are Greedy!

Applerust

Reaction score
I bought shrimp pellets for a Loach I got today. The Loach adapted to the tank almost right away. Was unhappy maybe 5 minutes before it started acting normal. Then it started looking for food. By the time it started looking the Mollies ate it all even though I just fed them their fish flakes..

Any ideas?

I bought shrimp pellets for a Loach I got today. The Loach adapted to the tank almost right away. Was unhappy maybe 5 minutes before it started acting normal. Then it started looking for food. By the time it started looking the Mollies ate it all even though I just fed them their fish flakes..

Any ideas?
I dont know. I kind of have the same problem. My rainbow fish are bottomless pits. I feed rainbowfish and every couple of days I throw a pellet near where the corries and loaches are. The rainbow fish swarm it but the corries and kuhli loaches still get enough.

Ok cool..

I guess thats what Ill have to do too. I threw in some fish flakes and loach food at the same time so the loach could eat his stuff while the other fish were busy with the flakes.

Ok cool..

I guess thats what Ill have to do too. I threw in some fish flakes and loach food at the same time so the loach could eat his stuff while the other fish were busy with the flakes.
As mentioned try distracting with flakes at one end of your tank whilst feeding at the other end. What happens if you feed with lights off. Remember also that fish browse and graze food all the time from plants, ornaments etc. So even if you don't see them feeding much a feeding time they will almost certainly find something later on. Also bear in mind that a reluctance to feed is often the first sign that something is not quite right with your fish and to keep a close eye on them.

:good:

What type of loache did you get exactly? Loaches vary a great deal in dietry requirements and care, some are very herbivorous while others are primarily insectivores etc, some loaches are very sociable and need their own kind around to thrive best, while other loaches are highly territorial and agressive towards their own kind, some loaches are tropical while others are coldwater etc etc.

So its very important to find out what type of loach you have, so you can research it and make sure you are looking after it properly :nod: .

What type of loache did you get exactly? Loaches vary a great deal in dietry requirements and care, some are very herbivorous while others are primarily insectivores etc, some loaches are very sociable and need their own kind around to thrive best, while other loaches are highly territorial and agressive towards their own kind, some loaches are tropical while others are coldwater etc etc.

So its very important to find out what type of loach you have, so you can research it and make sure you are looking after it properly :nod: .

Looks like I have a Gold Dojo Loach a.k.a. Weather Loach and Weatherfish. No name was on the tank or the receipt so the best I could do was look up pictures.
I read that they are social bottom feeders and will eat anything. Temp 75-80 degrees.

Anyone have any info on these beyond this?

DojoLoachGoldWFLo_Ap4A.jpg

I have dojo loaches too. My fish do eat their food before them. You should do what i do now, since they are very atcive at night, i put in their food at night when the light are shut and its dark. They do fine and the fish dont eat it since they dont see it. Remember dojo's have really bad eyesight so they are guided by smell. As soon as some flake food touch the water they will probably already sense it.

EDIT: Also buy atleast one more. They love the company of their own species. If you need anymore info ask me... i know lots about dojo loaches and love them a lot! (see avatar)

Most reactions

Back