Mollies and salt.

M

MadAsToast

Hello All,

I'm hoping someone can help with a couple of questions.

Firstly with Black Mollies, i have read that they might benefit from "Tonic Salt", providing a "Brackish" environment, but they also say that they should be ok without these things - Can anyone shed any light on this?

The other question(s) in the case of Black Mollies & Guppies how many Male/Female should be put into the same tank i dont want the fish to be stressed (i have a 240 litre tank - 4ft).

Many Thanks

MadAsToast

mollies and salt- in the wild mollies do live in somewhat of brackish water, sometimes mollies from benefit from aquarium salt added to the tank, but many have been bred in freshwater now and are not reliant on having salt in their aquarium its very controversial it's very possible to keep mollies in freshwater just make sure they are in good quality water!
guppies and mollies- i'm not sure how many to keep in a 4 ft tank, but i know that it's best to have more males than females at least a 2 female to 1 male ratio

Doby_the_Dojo said:
guppies and mollies- i'm not sure how many to keep in a 4 ft tank, but i know that it's best to have more males than females at least a 2 female to 1 male ratio

Thanks for your help, can you clarify this last sentence tho, as you contradicted yourself, saying it's best have more males than females, then stating a ratio of 2 females to one male.

thanks alot B)

haha sry i mistyped it I tryed to say that more females than males 2 females (at least) per male

Most reactions

Back