Mollie Acting Weird

InStere0

Reaction score
I have 4 mollies; 3 females 1 male. My largest female is acting funny. She pretty much lays at the bottom of the tank doing nothing. Sometimes the current even pushes her around. Once in a while she'll snap out of her "trance" and swim to another place. The day before she was shaking a lot kinda like this :no: . Nothing seem wrong with her body, no sign of disease or anything. Does anyone have an idea of what could be wrong? Also the other females do the same shake but they are acting normal for the most part and the male is acting as usual.

Sounds like the "shimmies", how many gallons is the tank and what is its total fish stocking? What and how much do you feed your mollys on average? The shimmies is most commonly caused by a mineral deficiency in the diet or the early symptoms of a desease like fungus or columnaris.

:( Well this really bites. My mollie died along with 2 others (male and female). I really hope the last female doesn die on me.

My tank is about 18 gallons and there was 5 fish in it, the 4 mollies and a chinese algea eater. I used to feed them flakes and freeze dried bloodworms twice a day.

Does anyone have any idea of what coud have gone wrong?

Most reactions

Back