Mixing Possible?

pumh

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
hi, with my 29 gallon i'd like to do a malawi tank but i know thats not the best mix lakes but i was wondering can i do something like this?

3 yellow labs
2 brevis (already have in a ten so no biggy if i cant do this)
some other small shellie most likely multies or similis
possibly 4 brichardi
and/or pair or so of julies?

if i can do this i already have the brevis, i have found a person that has multies for sale that come with 4 brichardi (not sure if i have to take them though), and i have one yellow lab that i had attained for free.

open to suggestions too.

all and any advice is great thanks, pumh

Tank is to tight sor so many, Tangs are different fron Malawi, they need more room, if you have Brevis already and that amount I wouldnt add any more bottom dwellers/shellies,
If you want to stock the 29gall, I'm guessing it to be 36"x15"x15" ? forget the labs and stock it with Juies, are the brichardi you mention lamprologines , i.e. neo. brichardi ? if so you could mix them with the Julies, the Julies will also need lots of rockwotk to climb over, TBH I don't know about Malawi but 29 sounds tight(ish)? , hopefully one of the cichlid folks can advise on Malawi better, I would set up a Tanganyikan tank, more interesting behaviour, with neo brichardi they will raise nultiple generations of fry :good:
But then I'm biased, sorry to #101## on your parade , I hope this helps :good:

Most reactions

Back