Mix guppies

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

emeraldking

Staff member
Global Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
Just another short video of a tank of mine with mix guppies in it. And actually, it's one of my mutt tanks. All guppies that don't meet up with the characteristics of a specific strain sufficiently, will go to one of my mutt tanks. No matter if they're beautiful specimens or not. And they're allowed to crossbreed in there...

Wow, so pretty, can I buy a dozen? Does an offspring ever end up looking like a wild plain guppy? Very many?

Wow, so pretty, can I buy a dozen? Does an offspring ever end up looking like a wild plain guppy? Very many?
If you'd live near by, I'd say: Hop by and scoop them out.
In a mixed community of guppies, a wildtype guppy (so, a guppy derived from fancy guppies but with a wild looking phenotype) can always show up. That number can grow if you'd leave in those wildtypes.

All of mine are mutts. I have the pretty blue fancy tail crossed to black bodied female fancy guppy crossed to the slightly inbred pale whitish survivor guppies I've had since about 2004.... I don't worry much about bloodlines, I just try to have some pretty colors. And the sacrificial cycling guppies, well you know, they are usually plain and very tough

Most reactions

Back