Missing molly

Aussie_Bristle

Fish Herder
Tank of the Month 🏆
Pet of the Month 🎖️
Reaction score
Hi all hope you’re well?!

So my female ballon molly Charlotte has gone missing. I suspect she has passed but I can’t seem to find her little body anywhere! Do you think the snails have got to her remains? Also I have 2 boys left one ballon and one dalmatian and they seem to be getting abit boisterous with each other since Charlotte has disappeared, do I replace her?

Yes, it is very possible. When my betta died, the snails had eaten almost all of the body over night.

I would try to pin down what killed her first - what are your water parameters? What were her symptoms before she passed?

Don't replace her, it's always recommended to keep more females than males with any livebearer like mollies. Males can be a bit relentless in harassing the girls to breed, and two males against one female can be awful for her, it can even lead to them dying from the stress and exhaustion.

How long have you had the tank and what size is it? That would determine whether you should stick to males only, or whether you'd need to house 4-5 females with those two males, which obviously leads to a lot of fry.

Most reactions

Back