Mirror Carp

fatboywez

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
i am looking for some mirror carp for my pond 7"-8" where is the best place to try, i am in cambridgeshire

Best off looking for fishing stockists :) if theres any carp fishing lakes near by, try asking who they use etc.

Best off looking for fishing stockists :) if theres any carp fishing lakes near by, try asking who they use etc.

Mirror carp ?, Youd need a lake wouldnt you? aint the record atm a 80-90pound mirror carp?

Mirror carp ?, Youd need a lake wouldnt you? aint the record atm a 80-90pound mirror carp?

Haha not quite that big, i think it's 60lb something.

I wouldn't suggest getting mirror carp, or any type of carp, except crucian and some variety of goldfish. All carp grow to large sizes. I'm an angler and have caught carp to over 20lb and they are hefty fish...... i need to go to the gym more often :lol:

You could try Rudd, Tench, Orfe blue/golden, ornamental goldfish like shubunkins (spelling), or even the smaller variety of carp the crucian carp, they are stunning little fish with their golden/bronze flanks, i would reccomend these. :good:

Haha not quite that big, i think it's 60lb something.

I wouldn't suggest getting mirror carp, or any type of carp, except crucian and some variety of goldfish. All carp grow to large sizes. I'm an angler and have caught carp to over 20lb and they are hefty fish...... i need to go to the gym more often :lol:

You could try Rudd, Tench, Orfe blue/golden, ornamental goldfish like shubunkins (spelling), or even the smaller variety of carp the crucian carp, they are stunning little fish with their golden/bronze flanks, i would reccomend these. :good:

No the record atm is in the upper 80's, http://www.baggingup.co.uk/blog/carp-world...r-carp-picture/ Im a fishing enthusiast so I knew it was in upper 80s......Get some Tench and Bream they are sexy

My First post ever.

Aside the warnings of pet shop owners I purchased Mirror Carp and put them in my tank, which is huge non the less. When people warn about possible size you have to consider the time frame and the fact most carp will not grow that big. This by no means says that you can keep them in a tank 'forever' but it is safe while they are a couple of inches big, up until they really need the extra space. Then you will need to have planned either a pond, yours or a friends, or maybe selling it on.

My Mirror Carp lives in my tank and is about 8" and is happy and active. I have never had a single problem - they are a little agressive towards other fish

As for other fish, my Tench tends to be docile and timid, I have no idea why and Gold fish are just typical. Shubunkins also tend to be nippy.

Hope this helps,

Most reactions

Back