Miniature Rock Catfish?

indigoj

sic itur ad astra
Reaction score
I have just bought 3 'Miniature Rock Catfish' they are really cool but I can't find any info on them No scientific name sorry. Any ideas? Will try and get pics later.

Austroglanis barnardi Barnard's rock-catfish
Austroglanis gilli Clanwilliam catfish
Austroglanis sclateri Rock-catfish

any of those?

Austroglanis barnardi Barnard's rock-catfishAustroglanis gilli Clanwilliam catfishAustroglanis sclateri Rock-catfishany of those?
Don't think so, they are only about 1/2 an inch and apparently stay very small. They have sort of scythe like shapes each side just behind the head and are mottled browns.
Austroglanis barnardi Barnard's rock-catfishAustroglanis gilli Clanwilliam catfishAustroglanis sclateri Rock-catfishany of those?
Don't think so, they are only about 1/2 an inch and apparently stay very small. They have sort of scythe like shapes each side just behind the head and are mottled browns. They look a bit like very small banjo catfish

Theyre likely to be from the Hara genus I think, most common asiain stone species are Hara hara and Hara jerhoni. Check them out on planetcatfish and see if they look similar.

Hara jerhoni - Thankyou!

That's the one. I've got 3 of the little guys now residing in my 10gal tank with my platy fry.

If anyone has kept them before I'd love to hear your experiences. Thanks

These catfish need MASSES of aeration and a strong current, the temperature shouldnt be too high either, around 70f (20-21c) is ample for them and should definately not ever exceed 77f (25c). In warmer water the oxygen content drops too low for them to survive and they can die very quickly.

Most reactions

Back