might be getting a 6ft tank

Italian_Stallion

Reaction score
i might be getting a 6ft X 2ft X 2ft tank. i would like 2 put an arowana in there. is this tank big enough ? can it have frends in the tank with it ? i no common plecos can be with it but i was thinkin something like an oscar? if so how many of each fish can fit in there ?

thanks

You can put friends in there but they must be big enough not to be eaten, A grown up pleco would be fine, not sure about the oscar though...

Depends, you could keep a Jardini in the 6x2' aswell as most (I think) of the Asian species of arowana..but not a silver arowana.

You can keep fish with them, I know most members who have them keep their arowanas with big cats and big cichlids that can hold their own. Oscars being one of those. :thumbs:

EDIT - Spelling :whistle:

A 6x2x2 foot aquarium is about 180 gallons, which is the bare minimum for one Arowana, and even then, you really do them a favor in getting a larger tank. I don't believe you can keep any tankmates with it in a tank that size (not to mention, no more arowana's). But if you want more help, post in the oddball's section, you'll get more help there. :)

stingrays are a lot of work and you need a tank wider than 2 feet. pm paul and ask about his. its an asian and hes got a lot of tankmates with it. the only ones i remember are the rays, a sev, and an oscar

cool beans rocky. I think you might be able to keep a black, I dont really know arrows that well, but you can keep some oscars with them, providing you get well fed and large oscars so that the arros dont out run them.

Most reactions

Back