1 x Fire Eel
2 x Senegal Bichir
1 x Yellow Spotted Plec
1 x Sorubim Lima
2 x Palmas Birchir
2 x Silver Tigers
1 x Ornate Pim
1 x Jurupari Cichlid

and its all mainly bottom feeding fish so i want so something that will swim around the middle of tank and are pretty active.

anybody got any ideas ?

James

my first thought is a flagtail they are active all over the tank and dont get past 14" or so
great as a cleanup fish too worth their weight in gold :good:

Hey,

I've got these fish.......

1 x Fire Eel
2 x Senegal Bichir
1 x Yellow Spotted Plec
1 x Sorubim Lima
2 x Palmas Birchir
2 x Silver Tigers
1 x Ornate Pim
1 x Jurupari Cichlid

and its all mainly bottom feeding fish so i want so something that will swim around the middle of tank and are pretty active.

anybody got any ideas ?

James

I was about to do the same post. I have a 150g tank with similar fish, 2 fire eels, ornate bichir , L114, 3 BNP, S Eupterus, 3 reedfish, 1 BGK, 1 Clown Knife and 1 rainbowfish

I'm after a flagtail and don't plan to keep the syndontis

if you have more than 1 flagtail per tank they will fight to the death

Flag tails can be a risk with bichirs too, like plecs they can get a taste for fish slime and will rasp away the protective film on the bichirs scales, i had to get rid of my flag tail because it started rasping on my rays.

Silver dollars and related species (red hooks etc) make good schooling fish for tanks with medium sized predatory fish.

Flag tails can be a risk with bichirs too, like plecs they can get a taste for fish slime and will rasp away the protective film on the bichirs scales, i had to get rid of my flag tail because it started rasping on my rays.

Silver dollars and related species (red hooks etc) make good schooling fish for tanks with medium sized predatory fish.

I'v e just ordered a flagtail as well to go in with my Ornatapinnis!! is that a very common trait CFC? My ancistrus have started doing that to my reedfish in last couple of weeks... no injuries to note and I'd be loathe to get rid of either

Watch it very carefully, Polypterid species have scales that are very different to that of more modern fish (they are called ganoid scales and are only found on polypterids and true american gars) Once the protective slime is removed the scales are very prone to infections that often prove fatal, if the BNs are chewing on the rope fish then they need seperating.

Most reactions

Back