Microworms Culture

5teady_2012

Here to help
Reaction score
I got my microworm culture today and have setup the container and got all i need to carry this culture on..

The container is about 7" x 5"...

How much cooked oats do i need to put in? and how often do i change, my culture at the moment is 2 tablespoons worth.

How often do i put yeast in? (is it everytime i do new oats)

any help would be great..

I read the pinned section, but it does not really go in to detail on ammounts to put it etc.

Thanks

you dont need to cook the oatmeal. i used pinhead oatmeal for mine and it was fine. just make sure is not to dry or it will go mouldy. you dont need yeast, ive grown cultures with and without yeats and i didnt see a differeance. once your culture has reached saturation point and mostely liquified the oastmeal, set up and new culture and once its going well, throw away to old one

i've also found that it grows well on instant mash. doesn't smell quite so much! but it does grow a little slower.

The best way i have found is to use ready break. mix with water put it in micro for 2mins when cool addd your culture.
after about 2/3 weeks will start to smell at that point start again.

you dont need to cook the oatmeal. i used pinhead oatmeal for mine and it was fine. just make sure is not to dry or it will go mouldy. you dont need yeast, ive grown cultures with and without yeats and i didnt see a differeance. once your culture has reached saturation point and mostely liquified the oastmeal, set up and new culture and once its going well, throw away to old one

How sloppy does it need to be? (the otameal and water mix)

How much in the tub (mix) (1cm high or 2cm high etc)

And how much oatmeal do i use on new culture? for example, 1/4 pint of water to 1/2 pint of oatmeal etc

i've also found that it grows well on instant mash. doesn't smell quite so much! but it does grow a little slower.

hmm thats interesting... instant mash is cheaper than oatmeal.. well asda smart price is anyway. iv heard it will grow well on a slice of bread too

How sloppy does it need to be? (the otameal and water mix)

How much in the tub (mix) (1cm high or 2cm high etc)

And how much oatmeal do i use on new culture? for example, 1/4 pint of water to 1/2 pint of oatmeal etc

replyed to your pm, lol, sorry was a bit distracted elewhere

Most reactions

Back