Metal Halide Units

jamestothemax

Reaction score
hey
just wondering if anyone new if there was any difference between metal halide light units sold by aquarium specific companys like arcadia and such compared to a standard unit used in buildings and stuff.

The only difference i can see is that the colour temperature of some bulbs may be to low but that canbe change with a quick bulb change.

The control gear on most seems to b seperate but that can be hidden in a custom made box for each lamp.

Im just wanting to get some for my planted aquarium project but they seem so expensive from aquarium specific companies compared to industrial use ones.

cheers for any reply and if anyone has had experience using standard ones.

hey
just wondering if anyone new if there was any difference between metal halide light units sold by aquarium specific companys like arcadia and such compared to a standard unit used in buildings and stuff.

The only difference i can see is that the colour temperature of some bulbs may be to low but that canbe change with a quick bulb change.

The control gear on most seems to b seperate but that can be hidden in a custom made box for each lamp.

Im just wanting to get some for my planted aquarium project but they seem so expensive from aquarium specific companies compared to industrial use ones.

cheers for any reply and if anyone has had experience using standard ones.

Some use Mercury vapour ballasts which you cant use because it will give of too much UV

If you want to pay industrial prices check this out. These are the lamnps you are speaking of I believe. These are a popular make amongst marine aquarists ( I had the 400w remote ballasts & they are fine)
Prices don't include lamps, just make your selection form the lists.

www.marine-lighting.co.uk

Most reactions

Back