Mentoring Me

Applerust

Reaction score
Community tank experts please consider my request. I am on my second fish tank ever.

The first tank was:

30 gallon tank

I do no remember any info on the pump, heater, or chemicals I used. This was years ago.

Fish:

2 Dwarf Gouramis,
2 Plecos (I think that was their name) sucker fish
3 Danios
2 Tetras

It was a successful tank until my mother in law killed them while I was out of town.

The second tank is:

55 gallon tank (Sitting on a birch aquarium stand that I built with my father and wife)
2 thermometers (1 strip and 1 standard) one is on the left near the heater and one is on the right very far from the heater.
1 Bubbler that has 2 outputs for air (1 is in use for a sunken ship deco)
1 Neptune 200w heater
1 Topfin 60 pump
2 light fixtures sitting on half glass half plastic aquarium lids.
55 lbs of uncolored aquarium gravel

Fish:

2 Mickey Mouse Platys (1 died and other will not eat) 1 male 1 female and not sure which died.
2 Mollys (doing well) 1 male 1 female
2 http://www.centralpets.com/critter_images/...21227145527.jpg (I cant remember the name other than Blushing something) (these 2 fish are also doing well and) 1 male 1 female

Currently the tank is slightly foggy. I have treated the water for chlorine, added some sort of bacteria solution, and added enzyme salt.
The temperature has been around 77-78 degrees constantly.
Using Tetramin fish food.

My goal is to eventually have a successful long term tank that is suitable for breeding various types of fish and growing various aquatic plants.

If anyone has the free time and is willing to mentor me on a regular basis with my tank then please contact me or reply to this post. :)

Thanks,

Justin

Most reactions

Back