Megalodoras Irwini

mattlee

get on a board and do yo thang...!
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
does anyone own one of these awesome cats? a place im going tomorrow has 1 in stock :hyper:

For your tank, I would adise not to unless you have a big tank, I like the look of rapheals and these are what I want with a 1000USG pond.

I;ve seen full size specimens in the Blue Planet aQUARIUM. A stunning catfish!! get it :hyper:

I;ve seen full size specimens in the Blue Planet aQUARIUM. A stunning catfish!! get it :hyper:
thye do look amazing. think it will finish my tank off nicely once ive removed 1 of my jaguar catfish :good:

wouldnt like to get caught by those spikes though :crazy:

These things get huge. IMO way to big for even a 6x2x2. They get 28" not including tail so i think you would need atleast a 8x4x4

These things get huge. IMO way to big for even a 6x2x2. They get 28" not including tail so i think you would need atleast a 8x4x4
it maybe something i can move on if it gets too big. im sure it wont get from 6 inch to 2ft overnight. i could give it a great home for a few years at least. ill give it some thought but im very tempted. its not every day these cats get imported .

it maybe something i can move on if it gets too big. im sure it wont get from 6 inch to 2ft overnight. i could give it a great home for a few years at least. ill give it some thought but im very tempted. its not every day these cats get imported .
They are fairly slow growing but im not sure how easy it will be to find it a new home once its 12" long and outgrowing the tank.

They are fairly slow growing but im not sure how easy it will be to find it a new home once its 12" long and outgrowing the tank.
maybe a tank upgrade in a couple of years might do the trick :hey: ill ask Ross at oddball express today when i go to see if they are going to be the 2ft fish that planet catfish say. im sure a 2ft specimin would be a wild amazonian caught fish not a tank raised fish but who knows.....20 inches and below should be fine and wouldnt be much bigger than cats like shovelnose etc....

move al ot less than shovelnose as well

how bout a giraffe cat? I;ve always wanted a tank big enough to house one of these?

move al ot less than shovelnose as well

how bout a giraffe cat? I;ve always wanted a tank big enough to house one of these?
yeah did think of these when i was at wharf as they looked stunning and were quite a decent price.

ive contacted oddball express and he said the biggest megalodoras he has ever seen in a tank was 18 inches so this is a good size for my tank.

They have one at Birmingham aquatics thats close to 20". Stunning cat although the one the have there is fairly inactive. Depends on what your looking for.

They have one at Birmingham aquatics thats close to 20". Stunning cat although the one the have there is fairly inactive. Depends on what your looking for.
i seem to go for the stealth cats :lol: i just love the look af the megalodoras with its spines and colouration etc and the fact it looks so hard but is so peacefull is a bonus...... it also sounds like a dinosaur :lol:

active would be nice but then if they are all over the place then the tank could look a bit crazy..... :unsure:

I read at planet catfish that they prefer 21-24C, nice looking but huge catfish!

Most reactions

Back