Meet Jasper

Night61

Fish Herder
Reaction score
i got jasper from a local pet store. i am quite certian he is a vail tail. he caught my attention by circling around his tiny bowl like he was in a race.
it seems like to me he has a bit of tail rot, and his tail is split in two as you can tell from the photos. but he is beautiful matalic blue.

you can see the split
SANY0891.jpg

he is saying hi
SANY0893.jpg

he is still a little shy
SANY0897.jpg

he is in the one gallon until his tail rot clears, since the other tanks have filters. i have decided he is going to be a bathroom betta, that way he gets more foot traffic, i just ordered him a corner tank so this should work out well for each other.
i might concider breeding him with rayne, once rayne is a little bigger. right now she is two small. (at least i think rayne is a girl(

He's a nice little fellow, defo a veil tail, CONGRATS :good:

Yep. Little VT. I'd like to see him in full flare to see if he's actually a DTVT or really just has damage. How far up does the split go? It looks pretty clean.

Yep. Little VT. I'd like to see him in full flare to see if he's actually a DTVT or really just has damage. How far up does the split go? It looks pretty clean.

he hasn't done a full flare for me yet. i am hoping to get him though. it looked like clean split. i will try and get a photo tommarow.

He is a pretty boy. He looks like my baby Fred. Except for the tail. Fred is a vail tail also, but his tail is not split.

Most reactions

Back