Meds With Peppered Corydoras

cor2008

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi,

Just wondering if it is ok to treat Peppered Corydoras with white spot meds. At this moment I am just checking to see if they can handle the medication as im not positive yet that its white spot. I have them now nearly a week and they look really healthy, active swimming, eating well and constantly foraging for food. On Saturday I noticed one of them flicking off some bogwood a few times but cant see any white spots. The other 2 are fine, no flicking. The weird thing is that he might flick 2 or 3 times then might not flick again for a long time. They are the only fish in the tank but I had some cherry barbs in there last week which have been moved to a different tank that had white spot which I treated with King British White Spot Medication.

The stats are Ammonia = 0; Nitrite = 0 with Nitrate = 0 or 5 according to the test. I did a 15% water change on Friday night and another 15% water change last night.

Corys are not prone to whitespot.
Check the gills over to see if there red and inflamed or pale with excess mucas on them.
Any excess slime on the body of the corys.
How long has the tank been set up.
Rare to have a nitrate reading so what your tap nitrate reading.

Most reactions

Back